Data Protection Policy
- 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we will inform you about how and what personal data we collect when you use this website. Personal data include all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, email address, or user behaviour.
(2) The data controller in accordance with Article 4 No. 7 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
(3) When you initiate contact with us over email or by using an online contact form, we store the data that you transmit to us (your email address and where applicable your name, your address, and your telephone number as well as other data). The legal basis for this collection of data is Article 6 No. 1 (a) GDPR. As soon as these data are no longer needed for the purposes they were collected, we will delete these data, or we will restrict the processing of these data in situations where a statutory record-keeping requirement applies.
(4) Also in cases where we make use of external service providers to deliver individual functions of our online offers, we will inform you in the following sections about the details of each particular process. This will include information about the specified criteria for the duration of storage of your data.
- 2 – Your rights
(1) You have the following rights regarding your personal data that we have collected:
a) Right to information
b) Right to rectification or deletion
c) Right to restriction of processing
d) Right to object to processing
e) Right to data portability
(2) To exercise your rights, you can contact us at any time by using the contact details provided above in §1 No. 2 and §1 No. 3 or the contact form on our website.
(3) In addition, you have the right lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
- 3 – Collection of personal data
(1) When using our website for informational purposes only, i.e. if you simply view our website and do not register or actively transfer any other data to us, we process the personal data that your browser transfers to our server. This processing is necessary to display our website for you and to be able maintain stability and security. The data processed are the following:
a) IP address
b) Date and time of access
c) Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
d) Content accessed (particular page accessed)
e) Access status/HTTP status code
f) Specific amount of data transferred
g) Website, from which the request originated
i) Operating system and its user interface
j) Language and version of the browser software
The legal basis for this data processing is the balancing of interests provided for in Article 6 No. 1 f) GDPR.
- 4 – Additional functions and offers provided on our website.
(1) In addition to the purely informational function of our website, we also offer different services, which you can use if you wish. In order to take advantage of these services, you must normally provide further personal data, which we will use to provide the service you have requested. The collection of such data is governed by the principles of data processing detailed in this Data Protection Policy. More detailed information about the data processing in connection with specific offers, in particular the categories of data collected and the parties involved, purpose, legal basis, data recipients, duration of data storage, and where applicable our legitimate interests, will be provide to you when you submit your personal data or in the description of the service.
(2) In some cases, we make use of the services of external third parties to process your data. We have selected these third-party providers with the utmost care. They are contractually obligated to follow our instructions regarding the handling of your data, and they are subject to regular audits.
(3) In addition, we can share your personal data with third parties if promotional offers, sweepstakes, other contracts are concluded, or other similar services are offered by us in cooperation with other partner organizations. More detailed information about the data processing in connection with such services will be provided to you when you submit your personal data or in the description of the service.
(4) Should our service providers or partners be domiciled in a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the legal ramifications of such a situation when you submit your personal data or in the description of the service.
- 5 – Online contact form and email contact
(1) On our website we provide a contact form that can be used for contacting us electronically.
(2) If you choose to use our contact form, certain data will be transmitted and stored. In addition to the data that you enter into the online form, the following data will be transmitted and stored:
a) The user’s IP address
b) The date and time of transfer
These additional data are collected and processed as a part of the transmission process of the contact form in order to prevent misuse of this function on our website and to maintain the security of our IT system. The legal basis for this processing is Article 6 No. 1 b) GDPR.
(3) Your consent to process the data entered into the relevant fields on the online contact form will be obtained when you submit the contact form and you will be advised to refer to this Data Protection Policy for full details about how we process you data.
(4) Should you choose to use email to communicate with us, the personal data that are transferred with the email will be stored.
(5) The processing of personal data drawn from emails or fields of our online contact form is conducted exclusively for the purpose of answering your inquiry. The fields on our online contact form that are designated as required fields indicate the data that are absolutely necessary to process your request. If we provide addition optional fields, you are free to provide these data should you wish.
(6) The legal basis for this processing is the consent provided by you in accordance with Article 6 No. 1 a) GDPR. The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted in the course of sending an email is the balancing of interests provided for in Article 6 No. 1 b) GDPR.
(7) As a matter of principle, data will not be transferred to third parties. Data will only be transferred to third parties when this is necessary to process your request (e.g. for communications with our contractual partners in connection with the booking of a language study tour in order to conclude or where applicable modify the necessary contractual arrangements).
(8) The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer needed for the purpose for which they were collected. In the case of personal data entered into fields of our online contact form and those data communicated over email, the storage period will end once the conversation with the user has concluded. The conversation will be considered to have concluded if it can be reasonably assumed from the circumstances that the issue(s) raised or request(s) made have been dealt with fully and satisfactorily.
(9) The additional personal data collected as a part of the transmission process of electronic communication will be deleted after a period of seven days.
- 6 – Withdrawing consent or objecting to processing
(1) If you have granted consent for the processing of your data, you may withdraw this consent at any time. Such a withdrawal only affects the processing of your personal data starting from the point in time you have notified us of the withdrawal of consent; the processing before notification was received is still permissible.
(2) In cases where the processing of your personal data violates the principle of balancing interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not specifically necessary for fulfilling a contract with you, which we will detail in the descriptions of the functions below. Should you choose to exercise your right to such an objection, we ask that you please provide us with an explanation stating the reasons why we should not process your personal data in the manner that we have chosen. Should you submit a justified objection, we will investigate the facts regarding the situation. As the situation warrants, we will either stop or modify the data processing, or we will demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for continuing the processing.
(3) Naturally, you may object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes at any time and free of charge. You may object to this use of your data by notifying us of your objection, for instance by using the contact details given in §1 No. 2 and §1 No. 3.
- 7 – Embedded YouTube videos
(1) As part of our online offers, we have integrated YouTube videos, which are stored at https://www.youtube.com and can be played directly from our website. These videos are all embedded using “advanced data protection mode”, i.e. ensuring that no data about you as a user will be transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only if you elect to play the videos will the data detailed bellow in (2) be transferred. We have no influence on this transfer of data and possible subsequent processing of the data by YouTube. We do not receive any of the data collected or generated by YouTube.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data detailed in §3 of this Data Protection Policy will be transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account that you are logged into or if no account is provided. If you are logged in with Google, your data will be directly associated with your account. If you do not want these activities to be associated with your profile maintained by YouTube, you must log out before activating the play button. YouTube stores your data as a user profile and uses these data for purposes of advertising, market research, and/or a customized presentation of its website. This sort of data analysis is conducted (even for users who are not logged in) in particular to deliver customized advertisement and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of this user profile; however, you must contact YouTube in order to exercise this right to object.
(3) You can obtain further information on the purpose and extent of data collection and processing of these data by YouTube in YouTube’s data protection policy. There you will also find information about your rights and the settings available to protect your privacy: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de&gl=de. Google also processes your personal data in the US and has committed to the terms of the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.